Hi! I’m Bill Alive, and I love writing comedies, mysteries, and (lately) both at once.
I’m super excited to be launching a new comedy mystery series starring an “empath” detective who can feel people’s emotions. You’d think that would make catching killers easy, but … it’s complicated. I’ve had so much fun writing these…I love mystery on its own, but mystery + comedy = pretty much perfect.
I’ve also got some straight-up comedy coming out this winter (late 2017). More on that soon…
Some authors I love:
- P. G. Wodehouse (the Wooster and Jeeves guy … so good …)
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky (Okay, Brothers Karamazov isn’t exactly a cozy, but it is a murder mystery. Also impossibly awesome.)
- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)
- Arthur Conan Doyle (that would be Holmes)
- G. K. Chesterton (the Father Brown stories … arguably one of the first “cozy” mystery detectives, and pretty much the anti-Holmes, in so many great ways…)
- M. C. Beaton (Hamish Macbeth, Agatha Raisin)
- David Baldacci (that dude can pace like nobody’s business)
- Deb Baker (Gertie Johnson in Murder Passes the Buck is hilarious, if you like funny mysteries you have to check out this series)
- Gillian Flynn (Sure, Gone Girl, but I love the narrator voice in Dark Places even more. Although the story is, well, dark…)
- … okay, I’d better stop for now, this could go on for awhile.
Thanks so much for dropping by! Make sure to get your free mystery novella while you’re here. I really appreciate you giving me the chance to stay in touch with your email, and I promise to make every email worth your time. Life’s too short for junk mail.
Talk to you soon! 🙂
Your FREE Mystery Novella Awaits...
Mark Falcon can feel people's emotions. And murderers feel awful...
Get the whole inside story of both Mark's first murder mystery case and his brilliant but troubled ex, Akina. And how these two crises ... collide.
This novella is yours free, as my thank-you for joining my email list. I promise I'll only send you email about things I think you'll like and will make you happy. We both love mysteries and comedy, so I'm super looking forward to getting to know you. 🙂